In the 1940 the former Arlington (VA) Girl Scout Council leased the newly built Group Cabin Camp # 2 in the Chopawasmic Recreation Area, it is legend that the campers named the camp MaWaVi to signify that campers were from MAryland, WAshington and VIriginia. The lease from the Forestry Service was cancelled in 1942 because of the need to train military and governmental personnel at the facilities.
The Arlington Council purchased and developed property in Lucketts VA and established Camp Potomac Woods.
The Alexandria Girl Scout Council and District 7 Girl Scout, Arfican-American Girl Scout troops in the metro DC area continued to lease the camp after War II.
It is now part of the group cabin camps near Quantico Marine Base at Prince William National Forest Park, Triangle, VA.
Click on the cover to view the brochure and some photos