Purchased from the Boy Scouts in 1956, the District of Columbia GIrl Scout used this bayside camp for Day and resident Camp., It was the first intergrated camp own by the council where African American girls camped.
The camp suffered severe erosion, , the Main Hall, Dining Hall and several units fell in to the bay as the cliff collapsed
Although sold in the 1970;s to the State of Maryland, it is still use by the Girl Scout each year as a Day Camp
From the 1963 GSCNC Troop Camp Brochure
A 1968 Day Camp photo in the Brownie unit
Below is a late 1960's photo of the Camp Library, the which had been funded by Mrs. May Flather.
Below is a late 1960's photo of the waterfront a popular place to hunt sharks teeth and fossils
From the 1983 GSCNC Troop Camping Outdoor Guide brochure
Photo from the Ethel Harvey and Pansy Greg Collection - of the 1955 "DIstrict VII" Leadership Training Campout
At the time, all African-American troop were assigned to single District/Service Unit.